Sunday, April 5, 2009

2009 Provo Half Marathon

On Saturday, April 4th my friend and I participated in the 2009 Provo Half Marathon. I must admit it was something I NEVER thought I would do. On top of that I woke up on Saturday morning and it was SNOWING!!! I really thought twice about just hitting the snooze button and calling it quits. But I didn't. When I got there I thought I'd go walk around and check things out. I didn't make it far before I realized, just hanging out in my car for a while seemed like a better idea. My friend and I ran the race in pretty good time. At least we ran it in what we thought we would. So that's good.

Here is the switch off! Cyrene just finished her 6.5 miles! Way to go!


Mid way during the run! A little moral support! Thanks guys!


At the finish line giving Hanky a victorious "High Five!"


What an accomplishment! We did it!


It was also really fun because two of Trevor's brothers, Robb and Jaimes, were running as a Relay team as well, so we caught up with them before the race began. Robb and I ran the second half of the race, so as we drove down the course to cheer on my friend, we were also able to cheer on Jaimes! Way to Go guys!



Here's Robb and I waiting for our transitions.

4 comments:

QuinS said...

It was a great day of stalking joggers from a minivan. Gotta' do that again sometime!

-Quin

Cyrene and Quin Swallow and kids said...

I had a great time. Thanks for keeping me motivated with all these fun runs. You're a great friend. Looking forward to the next one.

--Cyrene

Amanda Lorraine said...

This looks like so much fun!!

Rice Family said...

wow! what an accomplishment! Thanks for the Easter invite ... we are having a few of Scot's family over ... we will have to get together soon though. Missing you!